This Thanksgiving, take your mashed potatoes up a notch with these aromatic Pesto mashed potatoes! Add a little prepared pesto to your boiled potatoes for an herbal and fragrant flavor note with a hint of color.
This Thanksgiving mashed potato recipe is one that both kids and adults can appreciate. You can also experiment with a homemade pesto or different kinds of pesto, like walnut pesto or a spinach pesto.
We topped ours with pine nuts, but you could also sprinkle on sun-dried tomatoes or cheese. As a bonus, this crowd-pleasing dish is easy to make.
Pesto mashed potatoes topped with pine nuts
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pine nuts, optional
- Place the peeled and cubed potatoes in a saucepan. Cover the potatoes with water and then bring to a boil.
- Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and then place them into a large bowl. Mash the potatoes and add in the butter and milk.
- Beat until smooth. Add more milk if needed.
- Stir in the basil pesto and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with pine nuts, if desired.
Powered By Cookbook