These turkey pinwheel sandwiches are so easy to make, and so easy for everyone to pick and eat without stopping!
Both kids and adults love them because after all, they are like your regular chicken mayo sandwich but given a lovely twist of walnuts and arugula. They do lend a grander taste! And the best thing about them is that they look so great on a platter. Serve them as snack or appetizer.
Leftover Turkey Pinwheel Sandwiches
Serves 24 bite-sized sandwhiches
- 1 cup leftover cooked turkey, shredded or chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (amount can be adjusted)
- 1 tablespoon carrots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon celery, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 big slices of sandwich bread, not including sides
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, mayonnaise, carrots, walnuts, celery and lemon zest. Season with the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place one slice of sandwich bread on a clean flat surface then pass the rolling pin on it to flatten it. Do the same thing to the remaining slices of bread. Set aside.
- Lay one slice of flattened bread on a flat surface then spread out some arugula leaves on it, leaving about ½ inch of the end empty. Put a layer of the turkey mayo mixture on top, still leaving the ½ inch end empty.
- Roll tightly then slice to bite-sizes.
Powered By Cookbook